Tuesday, August 5, 2008

What makes my day?

As I try to juggle several balls in the air - work, teaching, volunteer work, trying to be a good daughter-sister-friend-fiancé, I find that it is the small things that give me the most joy in the day.

The first moment was having the opportunity to watch the sun rise and enjoying the pre-humid southern air of a morning walk. Second, taking a moment to have lunch at home in peace and quiet and knocking things off the domestic to-do list (i.e. mountain of laundry, sink with dishes, getting the mail). Third, having a surprise visit by my fiancé who was so excited about his new marketing campaign that I got to be one of the first few to see it – totally made my day.


Sometimes, I burn my candle at both ends with the amount of multi-tasking that I get myself into. Take last night, left work at 9:40 p.m. and tried to eat dinner and chat on the phone with one of my bridesmaids as I hurried to another task on my to-do list. And all it takes is for my fiancé to laugh, hug me and tell me that it’s all going to be O.K. In that hurried, hair-on-fire state of life, it takes the moments of a day like today to make me stop and literally smell the roses.
Photo Credits: Brother Jones Artwork

No comments: