Sunday, June 22, 2008

Channeling Fred Astaire…

When in a relationship, long or short, you never think about your beloved’s dancing skills until you approach the subject of your “first dance” as a married couple. My finance and I had never truly discussed ballroom dancing lessons. Shag – yes but not ballroom dancing.


That was until we both watched a promo video by a local videographer over the weekend. In the DVD’s reception highlights section and we watched a newly married couple dancing….well badly. Our conversation went something along the lines of “do you think he’s drunk” to mid-way through as the groom danced with his mother, “no, I think he’s just that bad.”


The bride looked great, the groom looked tipsy but all in all, it was not a very remarkable first dance. Needless to say I lost a few calories through my laughter but it brought to light that a dance studio is now a top priority as well as channeling Fred Astaire…

No comments: