Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy E-Day!


Since March of 2008, my finance and I celebrate “Happy E-day” or “Happy Engagement Day” to remind us that our engagement will always be special (to us), allows us an excuse to hang out with each other and reflect on that big day as we prepare for our next big step together.

Below is our engagement story. Enjoy!




Great Things Come to Those Who Wait...



On March 15, 2008, my sweetheart of 7 ½ years asked me to be his wife and I’m still on cloud 9! I will warn you in advance that this maybe a long post. :o)

My birthday was Friday and he threw a huge surprise party for my 26th birthday (huge surprise because I truly had not a clue that anything was going on) with all of my friends and family at his house. My fabulous DZ sisters, Leslie and Catherine were able to attend and Catherine decided to spend the night.


The next day, we went to lunch with Catherine before she headed to her home in Charlotte, NC and then we were off to go antique shopping (it was my idea) for the rest of the day. We had just left the parking lot and Leslie called (who by the way had no clue that this was going on) to ask us if she had left her keys at Lenny’s house. Since we hadn’t left the city yet, we drove to Lenny’s house to search for the keys and found them. While on the phone with Leslie, I started to search on Google to see where in South Carolina we could meet up and decided to just take them to Catherine. I had just hung up the phone and Lenny handed me my nametag from the Greenville Braves (a former AA team of the Atlanta Braves) where we had met back in 1999 before we started dating in 2000. My response was “Wow! Where did you find this?” and he asked me to look on the back.



I turned it over and there was my ring!!!


By the time I realized “oh-my-gosh-this-is-the-moment”, he was already on one knee asking me the four words we all dream of hearing…”will you marry me?”


It was FABULOUS!

No comments: